My name Is Yann Brandt and I am running for commissioner.
My wife, Christina, and I have two Children, Ethan and Kate. I have lived in town for over 20 years. My family owned and operated a bed and breakfast hotel on El Mar Drive. We live just a few houses away from where I grew up and we have chosen to raise our children here, with all that Lauderdale by the sea has to offer.
I graduated from Johns Hopkins University and work as the President of an international solar company.
In the past decade I have continuously served in leadership positions on the volunteer fire department, chamber of commerce, planning and zoning, charter review board and presently on the audit committee. I worked behind the scenes over the last 8 years on the winning campaigns which have provided the cooperation and progress that improved our Town. I have a record for fighting for common sense improvements that further our quality of life while being mindful of the financial impact. I look to continue these efforts by being your commissioner.
- Volunteer Firefighter, 2005-2008
- Member of the P&Z Committee, 2010-2012, 2014
- Member of the Charter Review Board, 2012-2013
- Member of the Audit Committee, 2015-present
- Active with County Commission & State Legislature
- Married with 2 Children
- LBTS Resident for over 20 years
- Decade of LBTS Hotel District Experience
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineer, Johns Hopkins University
- President of the Americas for an internation solar company
In 2006, I stood in front of Jarvis hall to fight for our VFD and ensure that it was reinstated after we were locked out during a contentious time in our town.
In 2010, after being a campaign manager in the successful slate campaign of former Mayor Minnet/Mayor Sasser/Vice-Mayor Vincent, I led the creation of the parking exemption program that reinvigorated the commercial boulevard business district.
In 2012, as part of the Charter Review Board, I vigorously defended the height limits that our voters supported when this issue arose yet again in discussion.
Our progress in the past 6 years is a testament to what saving money can bring. We must now us that same fiscal responsibility to bring improvements to our neighborhoods and our town hall/public safety complex.
As your commissioner, I pledge to
- Be open, transparent and communicate with all residents
- Protect and improve our neighborhoods
- Conserve taxpayer dollars by budgeting wisely and voting against wasteful projects
- Bring the El Mar hotels to completion
- Value the Lauderdale By The Sea quality of life, always
I ask for your trust and vote to be your next commissioner.
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to ask any questions.